About Digital Museum of Australia Limited -
Digital Museum of Australia Limited is currently under development in partnership with Matilda Media and will soon commence operations as a non-profit online conservatory for Australia's historical artifacts, artworks and cultural history. The Digital Museum of Australia shall operate as the digitization specialist among Australia’s national and state museums, galleries and archives, undertaking a specific national initiative to digitize Australia’s cultural history.
The initiative will scan artifacts and artworks in 3D, digitize video and audio recordings, ingest architectural drawings, digitize photographs, slides, tapes and store data from websites. The Digital Museum of Australia is being developed pursuant to a Production Agreement with Matilda Media with its first project proposed as three-dimensional imaging and digitization of the Natural History Museum, London's "New South Wales Collection".
The Digital Museum of Australia is intended to become a definitive digital conservatory of Australian museum artifacts, historical architectural drawings and recorded cultural history. The Museum is intended as an online education and history resource accessible to all Australians from any internet device. The Digital Museum of Australia is currently establishing partnerships with leading museums and galleries around the world for access to their collections.
Objectives of the Digital Museum of Australia Limited:
1) To advance, preserve and promote Australian arts and culture including literature, music, performing arts, visual arts, crafts, design, architecture, film, video, television, radio, community arts, Aboriginal arts and other cultural heritage on a non-profit basis through digital media.
2) To develop, establish and operate a digital museum of the history of Australia, a definitive archive and conservatory for online access to historical artifacts and materials which shall be made available to the public on a not-for-profit basis in perpetuity.
3) To strive to increase the accessibility and produce and publish interactive and other media related to the Museum’s virtual collection with the objective to increase interest in and understanding of Australian history by Australian citizens with a specific focus on school students.
4) To build at such time as the Trustees consider there are sufficient resources for at hand to provide for establishment and the long term sustainability, a physical home for the Museum that would its secretariat and be open to the public, offering a showcase of its collection as an augmented reality experience.
Trustees of the Digital Museum of Australia Limited:
- Alexander Hartman (Chairman)
- Eric Willmot AM
- David Liddiard
- Katherine Keating
- Peter Scarf
- The Hon. Christopher Pyne
Executives of the Digital Museum of Australia Limited:
- Timothy Holborn (Honorary Curator)
Copyright 2013 - Digital Museum of Australia Limited
All rights reserved